Neem(Azadirachta Indica) oil is well-known for its medicinal use. It plays a great part in beauty products as well. But, I have seen Neem oil working wonder in my garden too.
My rose-bush was loosing all the foliage due to powdery mildew and aphids. I pruned the rose-bush to bare minimum, But every new leaves get infected the very next day!
So, I ordered a spray from Amazon. I was happy for some day till I stop using the spray. I started disliking spray seeing it’s growing dependency to fight aphids . Having gardening friends helps, they suggested me – Neem oil !!! I did further research to it and following are some worth points to know
- Neem oil is effective against
- Powdery mildew
- Neem oil act as effective insecticide and fungicide.
- It is safe for butterflies, lady bug and bees (medium – large hives).
- Spray oil on foliage ONLY when spraying on vegetables
- Drench the flowering plants with Neem diluted water ( 1 tbl spoon in 1 gallon of water)
- With herbs be cautions sometime it may burn the leaves. I am still experimenting on them.
- Always use it in its diluted form
- Spray the solution when it’s not too hot or cold. Preferred time is “evening”.
- Take precautions written on the bottle (no direct consumption by human or animal)
Today I see my rose-bush thriving and hope to see some blooms before winter starts !