It’s summer and my pepper plant started showing brown tips on some leaves. So I did some research and discuss with other gardeners to handle this situation.
Brown tips indicates that plant is stressed and not getting enough water. There are two reason
- Roots are not able to reach out for water
- Soil is unable to hold the water
- root damaged , in case soil is compacted around the plant
- over fertilized
To handle this situation I did following
- Shifted plant to large container
- Water twice for two days and then shifted to timely routine to water the plant
- Added the organic matter for soil improvement
If you have over fertilized then water more often so that excess salts get washed away but be careful for damping off .
Hope this little knowledge help you in your gardening. Please share which plants in your garden is getting brown tips and how you in your region work to prevent.