In winters, when gardening activities are low , home gardeners can use this time to increase their knowledge by sharing with each other. I love to read and talk with experience gardeners / nursery staff to collect information on technical part of gardening. So, after Nitrogen today I am sharing about macro nutrient Phosphorus
- Important in cell division and development of new tissue
- Improves plant strength and the ability to tolerate unfavorable environmental conditions.
- Aids in photosynthesis
- Stunted growth
- Display abnormal dark green color
- Shows red pigment in leaf base
Organic source to add Phosphorus
- Bone meal
- Egg shells
- Banana peel
- Cover crops like Soy, Alfalfa
- Rock phosphate
This article is open for addition and corrections. Please share your knowledge and experience about how you feed phosphorus to plants in your garden.