Today I am sharing my notes about macro component – Nitrogen. We will see why nitrogen is so important for plants, how to find the nitrogen deficiencies and how we can feed nitrogen to the plants.
Why Nitrogen is important
- To support the growth of healthy foliage and stems.
- Component of chlorophyll which further help plants to do photosynthesis
- Major component of amino acids, the building blocks of proteins
Above might sound very scientific but your experience in garden can related with following
- Slow growth
- General yellowing of older leaves
Organic source to add nitrogen
- Planting leguminous cover crops, such as alfalfa, clover or peas
- Composted Manure
- Poultry Manure
- Fish Emulsion
- Bone meal
- Cottonseed meal
Nitrogen yearning plants
This article is open for correction and suggestions. Please share if you know any other organic source to feed nitrogen to plants.