Felt Bumblebee DIY project
July 19, 2016 | Craft | 3 Comments|
Hello Crafty Fingers,
Today I am sharing felt bumblebee project which is easy and fun. It’s a great time pass for summer holidays too for kids who can safely handle needle and threads.
- Felt [ Yellow , Black and White]
- Embroidery thread [Yellow, White and Black]
- Cotton to stuff the bee
- Print out of bumblebee / You can draw as well [ Please drop in your comments and we will mail you the pattern]
Sewing Stitch you need to know
- Cut the pattern as shown below
- Yellow Felt – Body Part
- White Felt – Wings
- Black Strip – Body Part
- Use Back stitch to make eyebrows and smile. I am using chain stitch for eye lash. Black strip is use to give bumblebee look. You can be creative with the felt colors like black and white.
- Assemble all the pieces as below – Use running stitch to sew the bee. Before last stitches fill in the cotton inside.
You are ready with your cute little bumblebee . It is soft and safe for kids to play. You can use this to decorate the toddler’s crib or use it as accessory to decorate their caps ,bags or dresses ! Just go creative with it.
Hope you enjoy this tutorial. Please drop comments with your suggestions and queries. We love to see your creation with felt.
This is a great idea! Thank you for sharing.
Putting this on my Pinterest board !!