Today I am sharing the list of plants which will help gardeners to organically repel the pest/bugs in their vegetable garden.
- Basil – House flies and mosquitoes
- Bay leaves – Flies
- Chamomile – Flying insects
- Chives – Carrot fly, Japanese beetle, and aphids
- Coriander – Aphids, Colorado potato beetle, and spider mites
- Catnip – Ants, flea beetles, aphids, the Japanese beetle, squash bugs, and cockroaches.
- Dill – Aphids, squash bugs, spider mites, the cabbage looper, and the Small White
- Fennel – Aphids and slugs
- Garlic – Almost all, root maggots, cabbage looper, peach tree borer and rabbits
- Lavender – Moths, fleas, flies and mosquitoes
- Lemon grass – Mosquitoes
- Lemon thyme – Mosquitoes
- Mint – Mosquitoes
- Rosemary – Mosquitoes
Many of the herbs we grow in containers or in our yard. Just knowing which pest against which herb adds the missing information in planning vegetable garden. If you are using any herbs as natural repellent of pest please drop a comment or join on facebook page