It’s a fantastic feeling to wrap up 2016 with interesting learning in gardening. Sharing my highlights of 2016 as below
- Successful slug control
- Spectacular bloom of marigold and zinnia, they are still blooming ! Mother nature is just happy on me 🙂
- Lovely display of scented jasmine
- Enjoyed Romantica , sweet drift and yellow rose-bush
- Saw lots of bees and insect visiting my wonderland
- Propagated mint , basil successfully
- Sufficient harvesting of basil , mint, chillies and tomatoes
- Growing Kale, beans, tomatoes, fenugreek leaves , wheatgrass from seeds
- Happy to brought Mango , kaffir lime and Plumeria plants
- Planted my daffodil bulbs
- Hibiscus is still going good
- Lost my sweet potato vine to caterpillar
- Unable to understand stunted growth of bean’s plant
- Failed attempt of Air layering on betel leaf
- Rosemary is a still a challenge
- No flower on Amaryllis and hollyhocks
- Lost sunflower plants to some fungus
Apart from Walter Andersen Nursery In Poway and Home Depot I uncovered Myrtle creek botanical gardens & nursery fallbrook , Exotic Fruit Nursery and Water Conservation Garden to learn more about native plants and my gardening purchases. Also, visited LotusLand in Santa Barbara, Mount Laguna and Olbrich Botanical Garden in Madison .
Thought of sharing a recommendation, If you want to add exotic display of outdoor gardening sculpture or designing zen garden think of The Sacred space– Summerland CA.
Closing 2016 with big smile and excitement. Looking forward to learn new gardening terms, convert my Lost in to wins and caterpillar, you better watch out in 2017!
How about sharing your gardening experience of 2016 ?.
Wishing all my dutiful gardeners a Happy new year
Keep Gardening !!