Picking up fresh herbs from your garden and using them in your recipes is such a fulfilling feeling in morning.
Today I picked up garlic leaves and enjoyed its fresh aroma !
Growing garlic is pretty easy just pick up healthy garlic bulb from your kitchen basket. Remove the white/purplish covering from cloves. Prepare your container with potting soil mix and just plant them.
- Container must be deep and spacious. As Garlic bulb will grow in size below soil.
- Place cloves 4 inches apart and 2 inches deep, in their upright position (the wide root side facing down and pointed end facing up).
- Cloves planted – 16th July .
- Harvest the green leaves – 20th Aug .
- Garlic Bulb – Yet to harvest.
- Soil must be well-drained and good organic fertilizer.
- Garlic needs to get covered with mulch to withstand low temperature in winters.
Share your notes or experience in growing garlic in your zone.
Happy gardening !